i-Teams is run by Amy Weatherup, of AJM Enterprises.
What data does i-Teams hold?
Unless otherwise agreed, i-Teams will collect and hold only the following information:
- Information entered on the sign-up forms for our mailing list
- Names, email addresses and departments of inventors and mentors
- Names, email addresses, departments and courses of applicants
- Cover letters and CVs received from applicants to the i-Teams programme
What do we do with the data?
Our records are used:
- To distribute the i-Teams newsletter electronically, and distribute email invitations to our events
- To review applications to the i-Teams programme and select the participants
- To communicate with i-Teams course participants, inventors and mentors and administer the i-Teams course. This will involve the sharing of names, email addresses and departments between course participants, inventors and mentors
- To administer the Confidentiality Agreements that are signed by successful applicants and team mentors
Data is stored securely on a password-protected computer located within the United Kingdom.
We maintain a mailing list of email addresses on Mailchimp which is used to distribute our email newsletters and also to send invitations to end-of-term events via Eventbrite.
Applications for courses require a cover letter and CV to be supplied. These are used to consider the applications and are deleted at the end of the course. This information may be shared with representatives from AJM Enterprises, the University of Cambridge, and/or the Centre for Global Equality, but only with individuals who are members of the i-Teams selection panel at that time.
Successful applicants enter into a Confidentiality Agreement with the University of Cambridge. Names, email addresses and departmental information of successful applicants is stored until 6 years after the expiry of the Confidentiality Agreement. This information may be shared with the University of Cambridge, Cambridge Enterprise and the owners or licensees of the IP used in the participant’s i-Teams course, as needed to abide by the terms of the Confidentiality Agreement.
We do not give or sell any data to other individuals or organisations, except as specified in this policy.
Your rights under the GDPR
You have the right:
- To be informed about what data is held about you.
- To request a copy of your data quickly in an easy to read format.
- To correct errors in your data.
- To restrict or withdraw consent for the processing of your data (e.g. removal from mailing lists).
- To erase your data (subject to statutory requirements for data retention).
To change your preferences or for other enquiries please use the contact form on the i-Teams website https://iteamsonline.org/contact/
If we cannot resolve a dispute to your satisfaction you have the right to complain to the Office of the Information Commissioner (https://ico.org.uk/).