Mark has worked in corporate R&D and business development for over 25 years with companies such as BP, Boeing, Nike and BASF. During this time he has delivered around 100 innovation and growth programmes leading to over £400m of new business in markets such as speciality chemicals, aerospace, automotive and FMCG.Mark founded Harrogate Partners Ltd in 2006 to build a network of like-minded people who value applying similar experience to today’s business challenges of growth and innovation. Mark also has positions as an advisor to UK Government on international R&D and inward investment, to the European Commission on collaborative R&D under FP7, and with a number of VC funds and investment organisations. He sits on the board of several spin out companies. Prior to starting Harrogate Partners Mark was on the executive team of Scientific Generics plc and Chairman of the Generics’ Intellectual Property Board responsible for creating 25 technology start-up companies.
Mark has a BSc and PhD Materials Science and lives and works in Cambridge, UK with his wife and three children.
Mark has been a mentor on a number of i-Teams projects:
- Developing insect-proof surfaces (Michaelmas 2009)
- Highly-sensitive low-power gas sensors (Lent 2010)
- Cost-effective carbon capture and electricity generation (Michaelmas 2010)
- Enhancing Reality – finding commercial applications for Spectral Edge, a new image fusion technology (Michaelmas 2011)
- Using sunlight-activated catalysts to remove pollution and purify water (Michaelmas 2012)
- Commercialising a process to biodegrade polyethylene (Michaelmas 2015)